Completed in 1871 this Second Empire Italianate home was built by John Henry and Susan Youngker Hower. It remains one of the finest and best preserved examples of its style in the country. This 28-room mansion is filled with treasures and furnishings collected from around the world by three generations of the Hower family who occupied the House. It was deeded to The University of Akron in 1970. Open for tours, events, and programs eleven months each year.