Play Eat Shop July 23 - July 25, 2021
Itinerary #1: Take Me Out to the Ball Game
- Akron RubberDucks baseball is Akron's home of affordable, family fun! The Cleveland Indians Double-A affiliate play in beautiful in downtown's 7,630-seat Canal Park, which has the largest HD video board in Double-A baseball. A new restaurant and group areas in '14 too! Call or go online for information.
- There are two games this weekend on Friday, July 23rd as well as Saturday, July 24th.
- Be sure to check their website for tickets and any other information you might be looking for!
300 S Main St.| Akron, OH 44308 | 330.253.5151
Chill Ice Cream
- Celebrate National Vanilla Ice Cream Day on July 23rd with a fresh scoop from this locally-made ice cream shop.
- Fresh, local ingredients are used to make unique, artisan flavors.
- Be sure to check the website to check out what cool, new flavors they are serving that day!
209 S Main St. | Akron, OH 44308| 330.649.2834
The Peanut Shoppe
- An essential ball game snack right in its name.
- The best nuts are the freshest nuts, and that’s what the Peanut Shoppe offers every day to all who pass through its doors since the 1930s. The store sells a wide selection of healthy snacks, chocolate, candies, fresh peanut butter, and even sugar-free treats.
203 Main Street | Akron, Ohio 44308|330.376.7020
Itinerary #2: Cultural Captivation
Ohio Shakespeare Festival
- As a professional theatre company, the Ohio Shakespeare Festival is dedicated to articulating the inherently theatrical components of Shakespeare and his fellow playwrights throughout the ages in a manner that enables the collected imaginations of the artists to meet the collective imagination of the audience in a public celebration that transforms the world in which we live.
- Midsummer Night's Dream is playing on this weekend outdoors at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens!
103 S. High St. | Akron, OH 44308 | 888.718.4253
El Patrón Tequilería & Cuisine
- Inspired by tequila, Luis Escudero dreamed of a place where a different take on Mexican culture & cuisine would be showcased. With over ten years of experience in the industry, he has dedicated his passion and vision to bring you the finest Mexican cuisine, tequila, and mescal!
- In light of Saturday being National Tequila Day, get your celebration on by visiting this newly-opened Mexican spot and supporting local businesses!
54 E Mill St.| Akron, OH 44308| 234.231.1665
Mustill Store and Cascade Locks Park Association
- Located in their original site a Lock 15, these faithfully restored canal-era buildings are believed to have been built in the 1850s.
- Take a walk back in time and view the many interactive exhibits detailing the heyday of the canal and its role in shaping our region.
- Souvenirs, local goods, and more are available for purchase during museum hours.
- The store is also free to the general public, handicap accessible, and perfect for all ages.
248 Ferndale St.| Akron, OH 44304|330.374.5625: Cascade Locks Park
57 W. North St. | Akron, OH 44304: Mustill Store