What should you do this weekend? We have a couple of ideas for you.
Play Eat Shop July 30 - August 1, 2021
Itinerary #1: Trains and Games
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
Ride the rails through Cuyahoga Valley National Park aboard one of the oldest and most scenic tourist excursion railways in the U.S. Board at the Akron Northside Station, Peninsula Depot, or Rockside Station in Independence. Learn about the area’s history from the “Voices of the Valley” audio tour during a regular round trip. CVSR offers year-round special events, including the "Ales on Rails" beer tasting train or Grape Escape wine tasting train, Day Out With Thomas, the Polar Express, Bike Aboard!, and numerous other family-friendly theme rides during the year.
Check out their website for tickets and schedules as well to see if any events are happening!
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad |Peninsula, OH 44264 | 330.439.5708
Winking Lizard Tavern
- Located directly next to the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, Winking Lizard features playful bar-and-grill dining with more than 130 draft and bottled beers.
- Their motto, "Eat, Relax and Enjoy," describes their vibe of endless TVs playing your favorite sports, as well arcade games and free popcorn for all. The menu is filled with their specialties of wings, burgers, pizza, as well as their endless selection of whiskey, bourbon, and beer.
1615 Main St. (St. Rte. 303) | Peninsula, OH 44264| 330.467.1002
- Find all you need for outdoor pursuits such as climbing, hiking, kayaking or canoeing, and more, made by top name brands, at Peninsula's leading outdoor gear store. Kendall Cliffs Rock Gym offers a 7,000-square-foot climbing surface rising up to 35-feet high.
- See their website for more deals or to purchase inventory online!
60 Kendall Road| Peninsula, Ohio 44264|330.655.5444
Itinerary #2: Barberton's Best
- Summit county's premier motorsports venue!
- 1/4 mile automotive racing facility with a season running from April-October and a weekly show of five divisions of racing.
- Inexpensive evening and is sure to please all members of the family.
3363 Clark Mill Rd.| Norton, OH 44203 | 234.901.9662
Tomaso's Italian Villa
- Pasta, pizza, calzones and more at this friendly, family-owned and operated Italian eatery.
- Founded in 1973, Tomaso's believes quality and consistency are the keys to success, which reflects in their operations and dishes
3271 Barber Rd.| Barberton, OH 44203| 330.745.6063
The Winery at Wolf Creek
- This family owned winery offers wine tastings, cooking classes, tours and other events.
- Ohio's countryside is the perfect backdrop for an afternoon of tasting wine, either outside or while strolling the picturesque vineyards.
2637 S Cleveland Massillon Rd.| Barberton, OH 44203|330.666.9285