Play Eat Shop January 13 - January 15 2023
Itinerary: Hudson Trip
Hudson Library & Historical Center
- Located in the heart of downtown Hudson, this 54,000 square foot facility houses a collection of over 350,000 items!
- Attend renowned cultural and educational events like musical performances, book clubs and cooking demonstrations.
- Little ones can develop a love of reading and STEM-related activities involving Minecraft and basic coding.
- Don’t forget to take a tour of the Watson-Ewell-Currin Art Gallery to see the work of artist Salvatore Cammarata.
96 Library St | Hudson, OH 44236 | 330.653.6658 |
- This retro restaurant provides a drive-in dining experience with a familiar menu of burgers, fries and milkshakes.
- Head over to taste why Swensons has been a local favorite for over 75 years and is the winner of Business Insider’s best burger in Ohio.
- Don’t forget to try the custom California and Florida beverages!
40 S Hawkins Ave | Akron, Ohio 44313 | 330.864.8416 |
River Light Gallery
- Recently voted the “Best Place to Allow the Eye to Wander” in Akron Magazine’s 2017 Best of the City issue, this shop is full of eye-catching displays!
- From its foundation (operated in the historic Woods Store building) to its unique gifts like intricate glass votives that cast intriguing shadows, lavender eye pillows, and shrimp serving plates.
- Stop in weekly to see what new pieces are in stock!
1663 Main St Down | Peninsula, OH 44264 | 330.657.2204|
Itinerary 2: Akron Adventure
- At the Akron Zoo you'll come nose-to-nose with more than 1,000 animals from around the world, such as tigers, snow leopards, red pandas, penguins, Komodo dragons and so many more!
- Monday January 16th, the Akron Zoo will be free from 11am to 4pm for MLK day
500 Edgewood Ave. | Akron, Ohio 44307 | 330.375.2550 |
- Looking for a fresh and creative breakfast?
- This breakfast and lunch restaurant offers waffles, pancakes, egg plates, and more! Try the Oat Bran, Banana Cream, and Coconut waffles or Apple Pie and Blueberry Pancakes.
- The lunch menu also features the popular “Chicken Waffle Sandwich” as well as burgers, grilled cheese, and other items.
845 W Market St | Akron, OH 44303 | 330.374.4915 |
The Market Path
- Operated by First Grace United Church of Christ, The Market Path aims to recognize the talents of those around us.
- There handcrafted items are uniquely made from local, regional, and national organizations
- Items include scarves and tree free journals from Nepal, chocolate and Shea butter from Ghana, oil drum sculptures carved in Haiti, Kisii stone sculptures from Kenya and much more
833 W. Market St | Akron, Ohio 44303 | 330.258.9003 |