Play Eat Shop May 6 - May 8, 2022
Itinerary #1: Get Psyched!
National Museum of Psychology
- The National Museum of Psychology features permanent exhibits on the history of psychology as a profession, a science, and an agent of social change. Visitors of all ages can explore how psychology has become a part of popular culture and everyday life. Highlights include interactive exhibits on memory, intelligence, and personality; home movies of Sigmund Freud; a Nobel Prize; the simulated shock generator from Stanley Milgram's obedience studies, and; artifacts from the Stanford Prison Experiment.
73 S College St. | Akron, OH 44325 |(330) 972-7285
- This drive-in restaurant first opened its doors in 1952, in the up-and-coming area of Fairlawn, Ohio. At this time Skyway was the only building in the now busy area. They introduced curbside service and it has been thriving ever since! Drive in to enjoy one of their gourmet hamburgers, specialty fountain drinks, or homemade onion rings today!
2781 W Market St. | Fairlawn, OH 44333 | (330) 836-2806
The Northside Marketplace is an Urban market with a focus on social interaction, local businesses, and grassroot artisans.
It features an eclectic mix of the area’s best startups. With support from the Knight Foundation and local business leaders, the marketplace offers small local businesses the tools and support they need to grow their business and increase the exposure of their brand and product offerings. Shop through products from over 35 vendors, hang out with friends or watch the game in our social lounge while enjoying many of the culinary offerings available.
21 Furnace St.| Akron, OH 44308| (234) 542-6627
Rock Mill Climbing, Yoga, & Fitness
- Akron’s premier gym to engage in movement and community through climbing, yoga, and alternative fitness.
- A local favorite, Luigi's serves pizza and classic Italian dishes and is open until 2 a.m. on the weekends. *Cash only.
105 N Main St. | Akron, OH 44308 | (234) 334-3996
New Again Akron
- A retail adventure trail of 25 vintage, antique, reclaimed, and cool junk retailers in the Akron/Summit Area. For this fun shopping tour, there is a fold-out map/brochure that you can find at participating locations, so you can get on the “trail to hard-to-finds and one-of-a-kinds!”